DreamCloud Mattress Review
This is one of my favorite categories, a luxury hybrid mattress. I love the extra stability that comes from pocketed coils. I challenge you to find a mattress that is 15″ or greater, and will ship to your door at a price of $999 ($799 after our discount coupon below). It’s hard to do, but let’s pretend that you can find one. Does the mattress that you found have a 365 day trial period? Does it have a six month lease to own included with that trial period? I’m guessing the answer is no. That’s why it is so easy to recommend the DreamCloud.
You aren’t going to get married to the bed, if for some reason it just doesn’t work for you contact DreamCloud and they will arrange for your mattress to get picked up and given to a local charity. There is nothing to lose on this. The company has to be extremely confident in their product to send it out with such a no hassle experience for the customer. The biggest drawback that I can think of for the DreamCloud is that they may end up selling too many of these. As we have seen before companies that are just too successful at selling tend to have some growing pains. Those pains generally show up in the form of shipping delays. Currently, DreamCloud isn’t experiencing shipping days so you should expect delivery within 5-7 business days. Mine shipped to me in 2 DAYS!
What is Inside the Mattress?
My DreamCloud mattress review wouldn’t be complete without stating that it is a 15” luxury hybrid mattress combining the best of latex, memory foam, hand crafted Cashmere, tufting and coil technology to provide the best sleep money can buy.
The DreamCloud isn’t messing around with the term Luxury. This mattress boasts 8 layers of cover, foam, latex and individually pocketed coils.
- Let’s start from the top with the cashmere cover.
- The second layer is a layer of cooling gel memory foam
- Third layer brings us a quilted memory foam so that you can sink in a bit into the mattress
- For the fourth layer the DreamCloud is loaded with a natural latex, which will help bring the mattress that bit of bounciness that I love.
- The fifth layer brings some support to the mattress with what they call Dreamplush supporting memory foam
- The sixth layer is a super dense foam that is setting the stage for the pocketed micro coils below
- Seventh layer is where the real magic happens. They have separated their pocketed micro coils into 5 different zones, making ideal support for many different types of sleepers.
- Like the sixth layer the 8th layer is needed to support the pocketed coils. This layer is similar in that it is high density foam
- They also have reinforced edges, which is something I dream about when I test out hybrid mattresses. I love the feel of “hidden” coils. I enjoy the additional support of the coils, but the DreamCloud takes it up a notch by making sure that you can’t feel them. It’s a huge win for those of us who sit on the edge of the bed to put on our shoes and socks!
Each DreamCloud is hand-tufted. A process that is usually reserved for super high end mattresses that typically cost $4,000-6,000. This process takes up to 2 hours to complete, and ensures that the mattress will have consistent firmness. The result is a mattress that won’t have the soft spots that are probably causing you to search for a mattress today.
The DreamCloud meets all US CPSC fire resistance and flammability standards.
I discovered 2 things today when I moved the DreamCloud into my spare bedroom (so I can test a new mattress).
- It is Sturdy and will stand on its side without any assistance. Many other mattresses do what I call “Tacoing”. They kind of collapse on themselves, and fold into the shape of a taco. Picture a mattress folding up on me. Trust me it happens. There is no chance that a DreamCloud will taco.
- Here is the shocker, when was the last time you looked at the bottom of your mattress? Never… Well, you can see in my video that the bottom is way more luxurious than you would expect:
The mattress isn’t flippable, but the bottom cover is nice enough that you could sleep on it if you wanted to. There is so much attention to detail put in this mattress. If you haven’t caught on, this mattress SCREAMS luxury.
This mattress has universal appeal and is good for all types of sleepers. This is my clear favorite for the hybrid category. It is also my top pick for best mattresses for big and tall people, yeah I put that to the test also with someone three times my size.
- Handles on each side
- Unbeatable Price
- Hand Tufted
- 365 Day Sleep Trial
- Foam encased outer edges, so you can’t feel the coils
- Professional cleaning service (after one year)
- Reconditioning after 5 years
- Best mattress for big and tall people
- Some adjustable beds work better with thinner mattresses (Update the DreamCloud adjustable base is strong enough to make their mattress work properly)
- King Size mattresses will take 2 strong adults to set up/unbox
A key difference between the DreamCloud and other luxury hybrid mattresses is their lease to own program. This is a no credit check program. If you have a job, and a bank account you can get a DreamCloud and pay for it over a six month time period. This really works well with their trial period. They wouldn’t have both of those generous programs if they didn’t think that they were building a great product at a great price. The DreamCloud essentially earns a place in your bedroom each month. If you aren’t satisfied they will refund your money and arrange for the mattress to go to a local charity.
It works for petite people like me, but where it really shines is in the Big and Tall category. I get questions all of the time about what type of mattress is best for a person of X size and Y height. I have been searching high and low for a mattress that fits people in the big and tall group. The day I unboxed my DreamCloud I knew that it could handle a large person, so I decided to put it to the ultimate test. Enter my friend Clinton. Well see for yourself and then I’ll go through the details:
He is about 6’8″ tall and weighs in at around 350 pounds. The people at DreamCloud were confident that their bed would work for a person that big so they sent him one and let him sleep test it. Fast forward a few weeks and see how happy he is on it. Initially, he was a bit worried as his last 3 mattresses have failed on him. I assured him that he would get a luxury mattress that will hold up to his size. Is there a better fit for a giant than sleeping on a cloud?
Why you should consider buying the DreamCloud!
The name says it all, DreamCloud~ so dreamy !
Say goodbye to tossing and turning and grab your one way ticket to DreamCloud. Finally, a well-crafted sturdy yet luxurious and comfortable mattress at an AFFORDABLE price, all in one.
And as if that wasn’t enough, the DreamCloud warranty is one of the strongest warranties in the mattress industry, it’s Everlong. They will even re-condition and clean it for as long as you own and use it. Dream Cloud also offers 365 free night trial and free shipping and returning (but this one is a keeper, there won’t be any returning here).
You are one click away to getting the perfect coil and foam combo in one high quality mattress you can finally afford. So stop dreaming of the perfect bed and get that plush cloud feel you’ve been looking for right now.
What Type of Bed Frame Works for this Mattress?
- Solid Platform
- Solid Foundation
- Slatted Base
- Adjustable Frame
The thickness of the mattress, a full 15″, makes it a bit of a struggle for an adjustable base. I’m hoping that it needs a little more time to break in, but in the first week of testing the DreamCloud is in the good tier of adjustable bed conformity.
Their everlong warranty doesn’t encourage “unusual” places for your mattress. They are funny about it though, as they may add you to their affiliate program if your DreamCloud is in an unusual place.
Here is a table for the: price, discounts, size and weight of the DreamCloud: UPDATED 6/11/19 AFTER A HUGE PRICE DECREASE
|Twin||Twin XL||Full||Queen||King||Cal King|
|39″ x 75″||39″ x 80″||54″ X 75″||60″ X 80″||76″ X 80″||72″ X 84″|
|55 lbs||68 lbs||88 lbs||94 lbs||109 lbs||109 lbs|
Note, the pricing on the Twin and Twin XL may change, as they aren’t currently being offered. The other thing to note is that the Cal King and King are really heavy, so you will need a partner to help you move it around and set it up. Financing is available through Affirm.
The DreamCloud has reduced prices by $200 for 2019 and they offer another current special of $200 off right now! With these discounts they are now selling below their unbeatable launching price. There is no better mattress available at this price! I’ll top that by sending you an additional $25 gift card if you use these links to purchase of one
A few things about unboxing:
- It is a serious workout, they packed a lot of bed into a small and very heavy bag. Make sure you invite a friend over to help you “unbag” it. Also take some pictures, I’m sure the folks at DreamCloud would love to add them to their website.
- I live in Arizona which is just a few states over from their distribution center in Washington State. My shipping time was only 2 DAYS! I’m sure if you are on the east coast it will take a few days longer.
- Be patient and gently remove both bags, without cutting into them. Each of them can be repurposed for storage or something fun like camping.
The Queen sized mattress is heavy, but I was able to move it around with my husband. The California King size is in another league. It is so heavy that shipping and moving it require 2 adult males to move it around. It is heavy enough that it may ship on a pallet for additional support.
I used the DreamCloud in my best mattress protector video. I was scared that the mattress protectors that I used could fail and mess up my mattress, but I selected it because I knew that DreamCloud offers a one time cleaning service (I made that bold in the pros section above). Worst case scenario, I could have tested that service out. Fortunately, I didn’t need to as the mattress protectors did their job and kept it clean. If you decide to watch that video skip to about 10:25 to see how much liquid was pooling in the tufted section of the DreamCloud. I thought for sure that the liquid would get through the mattress protector.
DreamCloud just released an adjustable bed. It is the first adjustable bed that works well with the dreamcloud mattress. Generally thick mattresses don’t do a great job of bending on weaker adjustable frames. Well they solved this by getting a really strong adjustable frame to move it around. Here is how they look together: